Thursday, April 8, 2010

When a Student is Ready a Teacher Will Come

I’m back after a week of asking myself the question, which has been the reason I have not attempted to write our story for others to hear before this.  “Who would be interested in anything I have to say?” Thanks to those of you who have commented I no longer need to question and so, I continue.

After I began the course in Calgary I continued to attempt to learn the art of meditation.  No easy task for a dyed-in-the-wool skeptic.  Shanon had told me to pray before I begin, but I did not know how to pray.  I did, however, know the Lord’s Prayer and so I began with this.  Every day while Caprice was at school I set the alarm on the stove clock for one hour, turned off the phone, put on soothing music, sat myself down in a straight-backed chair, feet on the floor (no shoes), hands rested in the lap, palms up and eyes closed according to the directions from the book I had purchased.  I was then to imagine a ball of white light over my head and watch as this light gradually descended into my head, then to the shoulders and to the heart etc. etc. etc. all the way through the body to the soles of my feet and into Mother Earth.  I was then to bring it back up through my body until it emerged once again through the top of my head.  Well!!  I concentrated so hard trying to get that ball of light to do this that by the time I accomplished this task the buzzer on the stove went off and it was over.  This went on for days until I finally realized there must be an easier way and I should stop trying so hard and just send it through and back in one quick moment.  Once I got this down pat, strange things began to happen.  My hands would float up from my lap as if they were weightless.  Of course, I then had to open my eyes and try to make them do this, but no matter, I couldn’t do it.  The book had said a guide would come and I would get a name.  I didn’t, but I really wasn’t interested anyway.  I didn’t really have any expectations, I was just hoping for something to help me figure out this strange world I had stumbled into. 

Then, one day I actually found myself in a meditative state and it felt wonderful.  I felt my body float up to the ceiling, still in the sitting position, and I remember the feeling to this day.  Oh!  It felt so relaxing I just enjoyed the moment.  As I sat in this dream-like space I noticed way off in the distance a small speck of white and as I watched mesmerized it advanced towards me and began to grow larger and larger and brighter and brighter and suddenly, when it was right in front of my face it turned into the figure of a man I recognized. The strange thing was, this bright light was radiating from Him!   It was so bright it should have blinded me, but instead I found it most soothing to the eyes.  He had shoulder-length, dark, wavy hair, a beard and the bluest eyes I have ever seen. This was no photographic image.  It was a living being standing so close to me I could see the pores on the face, and then, the buzzer went off and it was all over.  My eyes shot open and I just sat there like a statue. “What was that?”  “How can this be happening to me?  “Where did He come from?” I knew it hadn’t come from me because not in my wildest imagination would I have thought of Him.  Jesus Christ was not a part of my life.  Never had been, so why now?  Oh boy!  Oh boy!  What do I do now?  This is too much for me to handle right now and besides, I have to get to the school to pick up Caprice, get supper ready and head to Calgary for my course.  I’ll just think about this later and in the meantime, I am not telling anyone about this.  They will really think I have lost it if I do.

That night at the course Shera asked if any of us had anything to share and I remember feeling very vulnerable as I hesitatingly told her I thought I had seen Christ.  She looked at me with the softest eyes and a small smile on her face and I saw that she wasn’t the least bit surprised. 

To this day, other than Shera and very few others, this has been my private little secret.
Until now!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment