Friday, April 23, 2010

Dreaming the impossible dream!

I have to admit listening to Shanon’s tape gave me a lift.  Who wouldn’t want to believe in the impossible dream?  I did, and certainly, I now had reasons to do just that.  I mean, look at the sequence of events leading up to this last one!  Firstly; Roy calling me to make an appointment with Dickie Motherwell, who led me to Shera, who led me to the channeling course, that led to Rod, and then the Reiki course and now, Shanon’s reading?  What is the one connecting link in this continuous chain of seemingly unrelated events and people?  Me!  I had decided not to attend Shera’s course but then changed my mind in an instant - and If I had not done that?  The chain would have been broken and none of the others would have happened, would they?  Throw in my having a vision of Jesus Christ because I went against my rational nature and began to meditate.  And what about all the references relating to my being a ‘healer’ and my consequently discovering that I had, literally in my hands, a connection to this invisible force that somehow connects us all to each other. Why does it have to be so complicated?  Questions!  Questions!  Questions!  Bottom line?  I knew I couldn’t turn back.  Like it or not, comfortable or not, I had to see this through.  I still needed a miracle and I was beginning to believe that maybe, just maybe, one might be just around the next corner.  

I have to wonder, how our lives would have been changed if I had not responded spontaneously, without thinking, to any one of these cues.  Certainly, we would have moved in a different direction; maybe we would still have met the same people, maybe not. There would have been others to take their place.  But without a doubt, today, I know the outcome would be the same.  We had stepped onto a moving train heading to who-knew-where, and the engineer of this train?  Nowhere in sight!  All we could do was rely on our instincts and hang on for dear life and trust that whoever was in charge of this journey knew the way, because I surely did not.                  

“The foot bone’s connected to the ankle bone;
The ankle bone’s connected to the leg bone;
The leg bone’s connected to the hip bone;
Now hear the word of the Lord”     

No comments:

Post a Comment