Saturday, April 10, 2010

Change Your Mind Change Your Life

It was no accident I met Shera and we became friends.  As a professional psychic she lived in this strange, new world I was heading into.  I, on the other hand, lived in this world of material form.  Between the two of us we made a good pair.  We complimented each other. 

No accident I had to attend Shera’s course that very night after my ‘vision.  She believed me, but then, she was familiar with such things.  What had happened to me left me bewildered and confused, but bottom line?  It had happened and now I really had questions that needed answers and I wasn’t going to get them unless I threw caution to the wind and went with my gut.  I could do this.  As I mentioned before, it was nothing new for me to make an about face and do something spontaneously without thinking.  Today, looking back at the different times in my life I did this and knowing the outcome, it was when I did not ‘listen’ that I found myself in hot water.

One of those times was on my wedding day to my first husband.  I knew as I headed to the church I was making a mistake.  I wanted to run, but how could I?  Guests were arriving at the church, the reception was planned and gifts had been received.  My dad knew it too.  I saw it in his eyes, the sadness as he stood on the steps of the church waiting for me - and the moral of this story?  Eleven years in an unhappy marriage where I became a lost soul dancing to the tune of another person.  I became a totally different person married to him, but I have no regrets?  Why?  There are three beautiful souls on this planet that otherwise would not be here and I have had the pleasure of being their mother. 

Then my ‘daddy’ died and it was as though he reached down from above and rapped me on the head.  “I” woke up and just like that, I knew my marriage was over.  Two years later I divorced him and moved out on my own.  Now I was a single mother with three children to support, but none of that mattered. I was free to be myself again and I vowed to never to let another person, especially a man, control me again.      

Okay!  Where was I?  Oh yes! I was no stranger to suddenly doing something completely out of character, but this was different.  All the other times I was dealing with good old terra firma and I had some kind of control over what I was doing.  This time I was going to have to rely on instinct alone and trust in something that did not exist here on earth.  I had witnessed something I could not explain and made no sense to me, but I couldn’t deny it had happened.  Why was another story and I had to find out. I wonder today if I hadn’t been pushed in this way would I have kept searching?  No matter, I really didn’t have time to think about it one way or the other because whatever was pushing me had taken over and I was swept onto the fast track to ‘the other side.’

No comments:

Post a Comment