Wednesday, April 21, 2010

...and the beat goes on!

What a relief!  Caprice’s surgery was over and we were ready to celebrate Christmas and say goodbye to that year. Somehow though, Caprice and I had a feeling that the life we knew would never be quite the same again.  The good news was, Caprice was going to carry the Olympic Torch in February and she would also be a bridesmaid at her brother Jim’s wedding right after that.  Not too shabby a way to start the year eh?          

Just so you know!  While I visited psychics, attended courses, practiced meditation, read books and met with healers I hadn’t altogether left the planet. I was busy designing and sewing my soon to be daughter in-laws wedding dress.  I had sewn my daughter Lisa’s as well, when she married her husband Russ in 1984, and let me tell you, if you have never done this, it is no easy task. I had to have my wits about me.  They were brides after all, but as I had been a bridal consultant years before, I had some understanding of how to keep my cool.  I am so grateful today that I had to learn early on in my sojourn into the unknown territory of spirit how important maintaining some semblance of balance between ‘here’ and ‘there’ is.  Luckily, I had so many jobs that needed my attention and could not be ignored here on the ground I didn’t have this problem.   

I have been a multi-task personality for as long as I can remember so it is no surprise that when I stepped into the spiritual realm I should do things any differently. Only problem was, one was the total opposite of the other.  No matter!  True to my personality, once I stepped onto the spiritual path, things just snowballed, just like they always seemed to do in my physical day-to-day life. Happy New Year 1988! And what am I doing the first week of January?  Attending a weekend course in Calgary!  It was called Reiki and is an ancient art of healing and I mean, after all, I needed to learn more, didn’t I?  Shera had invited me to stay at her house while I was there so it gave us a chance to talk.  After the first day I was telling her that what they were teaching felt the same as what I was already doing with Caprice except Reiki involved placing the hands directly on the body in a specific pattern.  All the while I was there I felt I shouldn’t be there.  I don’t know why.  I just knew right then I wouldn’t be looking for answers in this direction anymore.  No more classes Elizabeth!            

The Monday after this course the channeled tape I ordered in September from Shera’s sister Shanon arrived, (mentioned in my post March 23rd, Onward and Upward).

1 comment:

  1. hi Elizabeth, although i hardly ever comment, i keep on reading! its all overwhelming i must say, and it sounds like you're condensing in a few lines what must have been a whole lot of experiences and emotions..wow thanks again for sharing
    lookin' fwd to meetin' you, so glad it will all go smoothly after all, in spite of ashes :-)

    ReplyDelete