Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Onward and Upward

I left my appointment with Dickie Motherwell on a mission. Off to the library I went to find out what a Walk-In is – and what did she mean when she said I was a healer? The only reference point I had for the word healer was the television evangelists who talk very loudly and people fall over when touched by one of them. That is not me!


I found the book Dickie had recommended called “Strangers Among Us” by author Ruth Montgomery and headed home to call her sisters to see if they could help me in this bizarre place I found myself in. The first call was to her sister Shera, who lived in Calgary. As it turned out, Shera just happened to be teaching a course on ‘Getting To Know Your Intuitive Self’ beginning in October, one night a week for six weeks. Imagine that! So I registered for that, (keep in mind, I lived two hours one-way from Calgary). Now I’m going to drive two hours there, spend two hours in the course and then get in my car and drive two hours home. Am I losing my mind? Well! A person’s gotta do what they gotta do!


I then called the other sister Shanon, who did channeled readings via automatic handwriting, (whatever that was). She explained to me she was booked until January, but I could write down in a letter whatever questions I had and send it to her and she would do the reading at a later date. Okay I’ll do that. This done, I asked her for some advice on meditation as I was not comfortable trying it without knowing how. She gave me the name of yet another book to read and then she gave me some very wise advice. Always pray before you begin and always ask for the information to come from the highest level of the Christ Consciousness.” She added; “You have one very high-level guide that is around you; a male with dark hair”. Oh boy! I can just imagine what some of you are thinking right about now and it would pretty much be what was going through my mind at the time as well.


Adding to the above, I then opened the book on walk-ins! This was too much for my brain to handle! Maybe I was on overload, but I just could not grasp the concept, especially in relation to me. Today, now that I have done so much reading on every conceivable aspect of such things from a variety of sources from science to religion to mysticism to saints to gods and to ghosts and goblins, I would have to say I still do not agree with this author’s thoughts. However, this does not mean she is wrong, just not right for me – and I hear another of my dad’s sayings that I heard over and over as a child; I’m not always right; but I’m never wrong”. It has taken me a long time to understand what he taught me with these words, but I’ve got it now. Thanks daddy! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment