Thursday, March 4, 2010

Imagine that!


“Miracles are natural. When they do not occur something has gone wrong.”
(A Course In Miracles)


For the past week, I have been searching through my stack of journals for an entry I wrote but don’t remember when. I thought it would fit where I am now in our story. So here I am reading pages and pages of entries from the last twelve years of writing and at the moment I feel stunned at the words on the pages. If I did not have the proof in my own handwriting I would not believe I wrote the words staring up at me. I still haven’t found the one I was looking for, but then again, maybe the reason I was prompted to look for it was to show me that I really have stumbled onto something magical. I have received feedback from several people all saying the same thing; “we can hardly wait until the next entry.” Another one said; “I feel I am embarking on an exciting and unforgettable journey.” Now that I have made this new discovery hidden in my own journals Caprice and I are also wondering what’s coming next as well!

Back to the box of books I received after my visit to the psychic. As soon as I arrived home with them I began to read. It was a large box filled to the brim with books. I just started at the top and began to read. There were books on meditation, channeling, crystals, guides and angels, auras, chakras, you name it, it was there, none of which I knew anything about and up until then, did not want to, but I read them anyway. I had to start somewhere. After all, I was looking for a miracle and there was none to be had from this world.

In May, Caprice and I headed back once again to her doctor in Calgary as she was still suffering in the same way. Guess what he said after he took yet another x-ray? “I think I’ve found the problem.” Imagine that! Talk about a miracle! After eight months and many previous x-rays he suddenly sees what he did not see before? The surgery he performed on Caprice involved her being opened up from the base of the spine to the nape of the neck. He then used a hook to pull her crooked spine into a straight position and to hold it there two stainless steel rods were placed one along each side and then a wire was coiled around them to hold them in place. One of the rods went just to the waist, but because her spine was so badly curved he felt it necessary to put a longer rod on the side of the curvature for extra support. This rod went all the way to the base and also had a curved hook on the end extending into her buttocks. Now he had realized that this rod was too long for her body and this was causing all the pain. It was going to require another surgery so he could cut some of it off. This sent Caprice into absolute panic at the thought of having to go back into the hospital, but it needed to be done. (We now know that this rod should not have been used on Caprice at all as she still had the use of her legs. It was only used in patients who had no feeling in the lower body). The surgery was scheduled for the next month.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth, I'm on board...finally. Will be back soon with response!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth! Finally.....here I am, I had some problems to get logged in to post a comment, the reading was okay, but I think it's under control right now!

    I enjoy your writings and look forward to the next one. I put you on my desk top, this way it's easy to check it out every day, even when we travel!

    Don't hesitate to write ...don't apologize or mention that it sounds weird when you are talking about psychics or special mood swings, feelings etc....belief me, we are with you and nothing sounds strange to us.

    Dr Pim van Lommel just published a book, he is a cardiologist and wrote "Continuity of Consciousness". You can't belief the reactions of the sceptics ....this just shows to me how insecure these sceptics are... what when he is right and can proof it scientifically...the world would be turning upside down for many people.... but not for us Elizabeth....we know this already for such a long time!

    You are a delightful writer, please, continue and share your thoughts with us!

    ReplyDelete