Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Pot Begins To Boil!

I love it when a Plan comes together!


Something happened a few nights ago (Sept. 2, 2010) that is taking me back to the year 1992. In the evening of the day I wrote ‘Life Is But A Dream’ Caprice and I went to a pre-wedding celebration put on by our friend Sue. We didn’t get a chance to visit with her as she was in the kitchen all night. As we were leaving she came out to say goodbye and she told us that in the midst of all this joy and happiness she had received a call from her brother in Ontario telling her that the cancer the doctors had previously said was in remission was back and all through his body. It took her by complete surprise as she had been at his side through his entire chemotherapy treatments even though he lives in another province. Strangely, during the day before we attended this gathering, while looking through a pile of papers for one thing I found another – surprise, surprise! It was a journal entry I had put into the computer, printed out and here it has sat unnoticed until now. Coincidence? I do not think so.
The date was Oct. 22,1992. My brother Ken had called me from his home in Winnipeg. Caprice was very close to her uncle Ken and the feeling was mutual. He knew we were using spiritual means to help her and he had seen the changes in her whenever he visited us, but he never asked or wanted to know what Caprice and I were actually doing. So I was surprised when he asked me to ‘put in a good word for him with the Man upstairs’. This did not sound good. I could tell by his voice he was worried. He had the results of a cat scan that showed he had multiple masses in the liver, which they had now diagnosed as lymphoma. As soon as I hung up the phone Caprice and I did a healing meditation for him and we both cried all the way through it. When it was over I looked through my tears at her and said, “he’s leaving us”. She felt it too, but although our hearts were heavy, the peace and lack of fear for him was what was so strange. The next morning I felt the weight of the world on my shoulders and I started to cry and cry and cry. The thought had come to me that when the soul says “I’m out of here” there’s no point in arguing. My brother was leaving and going ‘home’ and the only way to get there is to leave the body behind. Knowing this is one thing, accepting it is another, and suddenly I was overwhelmed with the thought of not having him here with me in the physical and I felt so sad.


Something was percolating in my brain as I read this, but it wasn’t until after reading the above that I found another journal excerpt - on another piece of paper - written on Oct. 20, 1992, two days before this one! It was a letter to Ken. I remember now he had previously called to let me know he was having some tests done, but the prognosis was not dire. I can almost feel the wheels in my brain turning as the answer to why the memory of Rod Campbell created such a brain fog in me. I had to stop and think, think, think, because I knew meeting him was a vital link in the chain of learning that was coming to me. It is connected to his strong faith in his belief that God and God alone was responsible for all the healing work and all he (Rod) had to do was show up. Ding! Ding!


I now share with you this letter to my brother. Remember, this was written in 1992, four years after meeting Rod. By the time this letter was written we had been through four years of huge changes that affected every aspect of our lives - the physical, the mental, the emotional and the spiritual and it wasn’t ending anytime soon. Told you the spiritual path has many twists and turns!




“Dear Ken,


“There are no accidents everything happens for a reason.” How many times a day do I remind myself of this since I first began my search for answers to why there is so much suffering and pain in our lives. So when you told me of your cancer, again I asked myself, why? A person such as yourself, who has always been so loving, kind, compassionate and caring to all who come in contact with him - why? When you have just retired from working so hard all your life and have reached a place where you can enjoy what life has to offer and let go of the mundane, material, work-a-day world – why?


We have all been programmed from birth to look at disease as something to get rid of as quickly as possible by any means and so we have given complete power to medical science to ‘fix’ us, believing that only they have the power to do so. As soon as we have the slightest discomfort in the body we rush to the drugstore to get rid of it and without hesitation pop some pills and it all goes away. Or so we think. But does it? Any sign of discomfort in the body is a signal from within that we are not being true to our self. From the time we are born we are taught to put others before ourselves and call it love. Our parents, teachers, friends and the environment we live in, all contribute to our belief in what is ‘right’ or ‘wrong’. We are not taught to think for ourselves and make our own choices and so we go through life with a set of beliefs that are not necessarily our own. When we meet others with a different set of beliefs we react in many different ways. We can be tolerant and understanding or just plain angry or indifferent and all the while we think our way of believing is the ‘right’ way.


All the great religions follow this same understanding. They each interpret the bible in their own way according to the beliefs programmed into their particular religion for centuries and if someone dares to question those beliefs? They are made to feel they are being blasphemous and will be punished. I have questioned all my life how there can only be one God and so many different interpretations of Him. Which religion speaks the Truth? What I have discovered in my search is – all of them, and none of them. Each has taken pieces of Truth and then put so much ritual and dogma around their perception of that truth so as to keep their people subdued and faithful to a God who will punish them if they do not follow the rules. One thing they all have in common is the belief that God is outside of them, totally out of reach of the individual and the only way to Him is through the church.


“Seek and ye shall find, ask and it shall be given”. What does this mean? It means we have been given a marvelous warning system in our bodies to let us know when we are out of step with what we came here to learn and to do in this life. Christ came to earth in the form of man almost 2000 years ago to set an example of how each and every one of us has the divine potential within to rise above the physical, material world. It would appear few have got His message. Over the centuries what he came to teach has been turned inside out and upside down until today there are many who are so fed up that the mere mention of God or Jesus makes us turn and run the other way. I was one of these when Caprice became so sick. Love,”


“We do not have to continue to believe what is not true unless we choose to do so.”(A Course In Miracles)


Needless to say, I did not send this letter. It was written so I could try and gain some understanding of this oft- times cruel world we live in.


Did I mention that the name of Ken’s wife was Sue?


No comments:

Post a Comment