Saturday, September 4, 2010

Life Is But A Dream

Well! I had another post ready to go two days ago, but when it was finished something did not feel right to me and when I get this feeling – I listen. So, back to the drawing board I go. ‘What am I missing?’ I ask myself. The next morning I was jolted awake by the sound of little feet pit-pattering across the kitchen floor, four of them to be exact. Our dog needed to go out NOW! It was 4 A.M, but once I am awake I’m up so I made myself a coffee and sat as I so often do gazing out at my beautiful garden, just barely visible in the shadows, feeling the peace the dark before the dawn brings with it. I love this time of day! It’s dead quiet, not a sound can be heard, except silence, and so I wait - for the answer to my question to filter into my empty mind - and in it comes!

“It’s always darkest before the dawn.”

That’s it! My brain has been on overload since I began trying to put the puzzle of the past twenty-four years together. As I read my journals for the years 1986 onward everything is blurring together into one twenty-four-year ‘day’. Imagine waking up in the morning trying to remember every detail of a dream from the night before! This is what this trip into ‘yesterday’ feels like for both Caprice and I, like we are remembering an impossible dream – but it did all happen. We have a record of it all. Now we can see how everything happened with a synchronicity that cannot be chance. If we have learned anything it is that everything did happen for a reason, but it was not for the reason we thought, and although it seemed to be happening in a neat, linear pattern, such was not the case. Hey! think the fog in my brain is lifting! Soon I will be able to sing the song………


I can see clearly now, the rain is gone.
I can see all the obstacles in my way……

“If we allow our emotions to be tied to the events in our lives, we have given the power of our happiness to the changing tides of circumstances.”(Many Mansions by Gina Cerminara)


“There are no idle thoughts; all thoughts produce form in some way.”(A Course In Miracles)


“A new spiritual awareness cannot be born within a mind that is firmly attached to old ways of thinking and perceiving.”(Prophecies And Predictions- Moira Timms)


Before Caprice’s surgery each day was pretty much like any other day. Get up in the morning, eat breakfast, take Caprice to school, go to work, come home, eat supper, spend the evening doing whatever and go back to bed and start all over again. Her surgery, suddenly without warning, threw us into total chaos. There was nothing routine about it. When I began searching for a miracle, our lives once again fell into a routine, but with a difference. We returned to the ‘normal’ routine but added to that, every evening at exactly 8 P.M. she would get into bed and I would do a healing on her - every night at 10 P.M. I would sit in meditation after which I would read and then go to bed. We took advantage of every new piece of information that might possibly help her. Caprice had a thick, red, rope-like scar from the incisions made from the last two surgeries that was very uncomfortable to sit on every day. I found a book called ‘Drugless Remedies’ by Edgar Cayce and in this book I read that cold-pressed peanut oil rubbed on a scar would dissolve it. So off to the health food store I go! We added this to the routine every day. She was still experiencing severe pain in her hips and this book also gave us something else to try – castor oil packs, so we added this to our routine every day. Add to this, I still had a steady stream of people coming for healings and all of this had to be fit into our normal every-day, tick-tock, tick-tock schedules. Did I mention that her scar, after repeated applications, all but disappeared?


As well as all of the above, Rod Campbell had now become a regular visitor to our home. He said he had been sent to us to heal Caprice and to this end, he too was giving her healings whenever he came. Go for it Rod! Caprice and I welcomed anything or any person who could help us. He was absolutely positive he could do this and his enthusiasm gave us hope (which reminds me of a comment my brother Ken used to say; ‘I’m absolutely positive – I think!)


Despair had pushed us take a look at where we were and we did not accept we had to stay there. We made a conscious decision, maybe not too willingly in the beginning, but the point I make is, we changed our minds and in doing this we changed our lives. BUT! Here’s the twist. We had to be willing to believe in miracles!


“Miracles are natural; it is when they do not happen something is wrong.”(A Course In Miracles – I began reading this in November of 1988)


“Both miracles and fear come from thought. If you were not free to choose one, you would not be free to choose the other.” (A Course in Miracles)


There was a plan in motion that we had no idea existed. But Who was the planner?? Today we are beginning to connect the dots. Caprice and I now see that where we are today in mind, body and spirit is directly related to the day we began to consciously, with dedication and determination, move away from the status quo that says ‘it can’t be done’.

No comments:

Post a Comment