Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Faith is the Substance of All Things Hoped For

Now! To try and figure out how I did it, that is the question. It all began with Tamie entering the picture. I began this quest with the sole intent of helping Caprice, but now I was facing a new challenge, one I was not at all comfortable with. I was still struggling with all the new information pouring into my brain, all the while trying to understand what to do with it. On the other hand, there I was, waving my hands over Caprice, (and now Tamie), and clearly something was changing in their bodies, but How? What? Why? This just made me more determined to find answers to these constant questions, but the more I read and studied the more questions I had, but even then, I persisted. I will figure this out, I must figure this out, I said to myself over and over again.


Caprice and Tamie were the catalysts for my eventual awakening to a new understanding of how wonderful and magical the body really is and how much power I have as an individual to heal, not only others, but myself as well, without the need to rely on others to do the job for me. Sounds easy, doesn’t it? Well! It wasn’t. Know why? Because I did not believe, I did not know about this power that resides within. Why didn’t I believe? What kept me in such a holding pattern for so long?


“He who doubts from what he sees
Will ne’er believe, do what you please.
If the sun and moon should doubt,
They’d immediately go out.” – William Blake


Not true William Blake! I doubted for a long time, but now? I Believe. I did not allow my doubting mind to stop me. I may have said to myself many times, ‘that’s not true’, and then I would set about proving to myself I was ‘right’. But a funny thing happened when I did this. I discovered I was wrong! Interesting how the human mind can get in the way of progress of any kind. All depended on how I looked at it and how I looked at it was programmed into my head from the time I was born until the day came when it was so firmly entrenched it became an immovable object. Ah! But I was fortunate to love another human being so deeply I was willing to sacrifice my precious belief systems altogether to serve another. This is the key to my present understanding. Would I have done all this for myself if I had been the one in distress and not my daughter? Highly unlikely. This is the difficulty I feel we face as human beings. To learn to do for ourselves what we do for others. To learn to love ourselves as we love others. To learn to do unto others as we would have them do unto us – and then – once we have learned to do all these things? DO IT!


“Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself” - Matthew 22: 37/39


Now this is a sticky wicket is it not? The above quote does not just refer to the person living next door. It encompasses the whole world. Now, think about this. Imagine loving every person in the world and you will have a glimpse of the magnitude of what it takes to change the thoughts forming in your brain right now. It’s easy to love the good ones, but really? How can one love all the nasty, mean people? Now, love at this level takes a soul walking in the body and to gain this knowledge means getting the you-know-what kicked out of you. Why? Because the human mind does not loosen it’s hold without a fight, so the only way soul can get a ‘word’ in is to get you when your defenses are down.


My goodness. How did I get on this topic? It comes from reading ahead in my journals and as I read I am noticing how the quotes I recorded from the books I was reading at the time were giving me a heads-up as to what was coming next. It’s as though I was being led step by step all along the way without my even knowing it. What kept the wheel turning was my constant dedication to learning, learning, learning even when my life was falling apart. I can see it all now, but back then? I didn’t have a clue. Ah! Hindsight is a wonderful thing!


“All the world’s a stage
And all the men and women merely players
They have their exits and their entrances
And one man in his time plays many parts.” William Shakespeare

No comments:

Post a Comment