Thursday, February 11, 2010

Expect the Unexpected

Well! I woke up this morning in a terrible state. My stomach and intestines in knots, heart in my throat and my head hurt. That was my body. As for my mind, I was in a state of what can only be called high anxiety and panic. I’d like to say it’s all Caprice’s fault, but I know better than that. She has just pushed me where I haven’t wanted to go and I needed it. I have a quote for this moment – “your greatest need becomes your greatest contribution”. I felt a pang of nervousness as she posted my words for all to see and she said to me, “when has it ever bothered you if a person didn’t like you?” She is right! I believe in the saying – “you can please some of the people some of the time, not all of the people all of time”- so while I may feel a little vulnerable doing this, it is not the reason for my extreme agitation this morning. I kept going to my computer and a wave of dizziness would hit me and l would have to lie down. What is the matter with me I said to myself. This is ridiculous. I have never felt such a feeling of dread in my life...and then it hit me. Oh boy! Yes I have. It was October 1st, 1986 and that was the morning Caprice and I were heading to Calgary for her surgery! I awoke that morning feeling apprehensive and afraid and I just couldn’t shake the feeling something was wrong. When I went to wake up Caprice I could see by the look in her eyes she felt the same way. This is my point - even though we did not know the reason for our fear, our bodies knew. This morning I woke up intending to carry on where I left off yesterday, the time of her surgery, but this hit me and that ended that thought. So now here I am in 2010 with my body and my mind back in 1986. Talk about time travel! The tv series “Lost” has nothing on me.

You know how I learned how memories from the past are retained in the cells of the body? In November of 1987, I took a weekend channeling course in Calgary. I was so nervous about anything to do with psychic powers I thought I’d better get some training. After the morning session on the Saturday we broke for lunch and by that time I had a screaming toothache. It was so painful I was sure I had an abscessed tooth, or maybe a broken jaw! The afternoon was to be what they called processing and the facilitator looked around the room and asked who wanted to go first. She took one look at me leaning against the wall in agony and said “oh, I guess it’s going to be you.” She asked me to lie down on a mat on the floor and her partner sat behind my head and he said, “now let’s see where this pain is coming from.” He proceeded to tell me about an experience from a past life where I was a healer to the king – I know, I know, it sounds ridiculous - I was summoned to heal the king’s son, but I knew he was going to die and I also knew this was going to make the king very angry. He was and hit me across the face with a suit of armor on and did indeed break my jaw. I went into hiding and never healed again. The astonishing thing is, when the facilitator had finished with this story the pain in my jaw was gone! I was absolutely stunned and the seed was planted in my head. There is more to these bodies we walk around in than we think and I wanted to know how something like this could happen. Good thing I’ve been paying attention to my studies.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth :0)
    You know what's kinda "funny"? That lately (and for personal reasons) I have been thinking about and focusing on the human mind and how powerful it really is. And somehow, I seem to grab literature (regardless of how random it seems at the time I pick it up to read) that seems to point me in that direction. Not sure how connected the power of the mind might possibly be to psychic powers but for some reason, reading your words connected with me on that level...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all about the personal...everything has to be brought back to the individual personality. So you are on the right track! Everything I am speaking of came to me in the same way...when I needed a book, it just appeared and there inside was exactly what I needed to hear at exactly the time I needed to hear it. The power of the mind is connected to the body. Bringing these two together is what we're here to try and do and there's always a war between them. The body is the physical material world, the mind is the doorway to the soul..which one do we listen to? And the answer is both...but knowing when. Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete